Saturday, April 13, 2013

Garden Started

I finally put aside some other items and started my garden.
My garden is finally started!
For new plants, I planted the seeds directly in the garden instead of first starting them in the nursery.  I have 8 Romaine lettuce plants, the first one in my nursery was potted on 2/23/13, the rest on 3/25/15.  4 more were directly planted in the garden as seeds on 4/12/13.
The romaine.
My kale plant was potted in the nursery on 2/23/13.  I planted seeds for oregano, basil, spinach and Swiss chard on 4/12/13.
I'll plant 2 to 4 more lettuce seeds each week.  My goal is to harvest 2 full lettuce heads weekly, and pull some leaves from the chard and spinach for my salads.  The herbs I'll use as needed.  They took over the garden in the past, so one plant of each will be more than enough.
While I'm starting late this year, I think my lettuce will be fine.
On 4/13/13 all of the plantings were still alive, none were eaten or withered.  I watered the garden and said a prayer for the seeds.
Now we'll watch.
Happy gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment